You can browse the topics below to find what you are looking for or search above
You need to have a role with “Administrator” or “Manage server” permissions to be able to add a Bot (Rythm) to a Discord Server.
If you have the right permissions and still can’t see your server in the list, make sure you’re logged in into the correct discord account in your web browser.
Note: If that still didn't work, We suggest trying a different browser to invite Rythm to your server. (Incognito Mode will not work.)
For performance reasons, Rythm leaves after a while of being alone or unused in a voice channel.
This helps Rythm save resources while no one is listening to it and keeps the music quality consistent for all users at any given time!
Don't worry though, as long as you are in a voice channel, just type !summon to make Rythm join your channel!
For performance reasons, Rythm will clear/reset the queue when it leaves the voice channel.
To get around this we suggest creating a Youtube playlist of the songs you wish to re-queue.
Rythm uses something called rich embeds for the messages, which is an option that might be disabled on your client. Make sure it's enabled!
To do so:
Go to your discord settings > click on "Text & Images" > Enable "Show website preview info from links pasted into chat”.
If Rythm isn’t responding to commands, try the following:
1. Ensure you’re using the correct prefix. You can see the current prefix for Rythm by Mentioning the bot. Example: @Rythm#3722 or <@235088799074484224>
2. Ensure Rythm has permissions to send messages in the text channel.
You can give “Administrator” permissions to the bot to make this easier.
3. Check the #outages section of the Rythm bot Discord server to see if there is an outage
4. If the above methods do not work,
Please choose option 8 in our #help-desk channel on the Rythm bot Discord Server to receive assistance from a member of our Support Team.
Click here for an invite to the Rythm bot Discord Server
If you have changed the default Rythm prefix to a custom one and now can’t make Rythm work or aren’t able to change the prefix back, do the following:
1. Mention the bot.
You can do this by typing: @Rythm#3722 or <@235088799074484224>
Note: Mentioning the bot won’t work if the channel you used is Blacklisted.
When you mention the bot, do it in a channel the bot can read in.
2. Copy the Prefix response .
After mentioning Rythm, it should give you a message similar to this:
You must Copy the part that is marked in red.
3. Run the prefix command.
Paste the copied text in the chat box and right next to it with no spaces type: settings prefix !
Example: To set the prefix back to ! in the above picture, the command would be this:
;2Test-)29dsettings prefix !
Note: You must have a role with “Administrator” or “Manage Server” permissions to be able to change Rythm’s prefix.
If you find that Rythm is responding to your commands but not joining a voice channel use the following method:
1. Move to a different voice channel.
2. !summon the bot into that voice channel.
3. Move back to the original voice channel.
4. !summon the bot back into the original voice channel.
If the above method does not work:
Try changing server region or kicking and re-adding Rythm from the discord server.
This problem can exist due to multiple issues, mostly Discord API lagging.
If you find that Rythm's sound has started to lag, perform the following checks in order:
1. Kick Rythm out of the voice channel and resummon him using the commands !dc and then !summon.
2. Go to server settings and change the server region a few times until you find a server where Rythm does not lag.
3. Check the Rythm Bot Discord Guild by typing !invite and selecting the Official Discord option and checking the #outages channel to see if Rythm is currently having an issue with lagging.
4. Kick and reinvite Rythm to your Discord Guild.
If you find that Rythm does not play any sound, perform the following checks in order:
1. Ensure that Rythm is not muted, if you right click on Rythm while it is in a music channel ensure the options in red are not ticked:
2. Ensure that Rythm's volume is not set to 0, if you right click on Rythm while it is in a music channel ensure the slider in red is not set to 0:
N.B: For donators: use the !vol command to check that the server's volume has not been set to 0.
3. Disconnect from the voice channel and Reconnect.
4. Check the Rythm Bot Discord Guild by typing !invite and selecting the Official Discord option and checking the #outages channel to see if Rythm is currently having an issue with not playing music.
5. Check your output options in Discord settings.
User settings --> Voice --> Output Device and Output Volume
6. Check your computer's system volume.
7. Try reconnecting Rythm to your voice channel using the !dc and !summon commands.
8. Try changing your Discord server's region a few times until you find a server where Rythm plays music.
Server settings --> Overview --> Server Region
9. Ensure that the music is not paused. You can check this by using !pause. If the bot replies with
The player is already paused, use !resume to start the music again.
If you are on mobile and find that Rythm keeps muting itself after each song
This is a problem with Discord on mobile and the only found way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall Discord.
If you are on mobile and you find that you cannot add Rythm due to the fact that the link to add Rythm produces a gray screen please try first heading to https://discordapp.com/login, logging in and then using the invite link again.
If that does not work, we recommend using a desktop device to invite Rythm.
In short: You may want to try refreshing the website to add Rythm or use a desktop device.
If you find that your issues with Rythm have been fixed but you still have questions.
Click here to go to the FAQ
If you find that your question was not answered by the FAQ or troubleshooting page.
Click here to join the official Rythm Bot Discord Server.